Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I haven't cried in about an hour...

...so maybe we're on the downhill slide...

Our girl started Kindergarten today. All I can think is, "In 12 more years, she'll be going to COLLEGE!" I feel like Fred Sanford from "The Sanford and Sons" -- "This is the big one, Elizabeth! I'm comin' to join ya!"

This is just after I woke her up - and I know I'm a mean Mommy for doing this so early, but I don't want to forget a thing!


This is after her donut holes and milk as promised, and even though we stopped for them on the way, we're still early. She looks real stressed, doesn't she (NOT!)? You would have had to flip the camera around to see that - :) She's watching "Lady and the Tramp" while Mom has a nervous breakdown in the front seat...


This is her new teacher, Ms. Pino, and a glimpse of her classroom. They look like they are going to have a good day. She brought ham, cheese, and crackers, cherry yogurt, 2 cookies, and a juice box for her lunch and five seconds after we walked in the room - we were still the first ones - she had put her bag and lunchbox on her hook, grabbed a tub of pink (of course) play-doh and sat at her table (that we had found yesterday at "Meet the Teacher"). She was fast to inquire when they would have "centers", as she is used to this from Pre-K. She was such a little trooper - never missing a beat - like this was "old hat". I felt like such a goofball, sprinting for the truck as soon as Jack and I kissed her bye so that I wouldn't meltdown in front of her entire school - she's growing up so fast.



Off to a good start...
I cannot wait to pick her up...I want to hear all about how she adores Ms. Pino, all the new friends she has made, and how much she loves all of the new challenges of being a Kindergartener...this is what I'm gonna hear, right?

I'll let you know...

P.S. Becky, I sure hope you're again able to make comments on my blog - I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Missy... I knew it.. you weren't going to be able to handle it... but I am with you.. I remember the Justin's firsts.. I was right with you girl. A BASKET CASE!! Hang in.. gotta let your kids grow up... Just wait until they move out to College.. that is even worse..
    :-) Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!