Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 5: I think I'm going crazy!

...In our daily check-in conversation today, Mom told me that while she was watering and weeding in the yard, Lexie (one of our miniature cows) was trying to eat her hair through the fence...it made me kinda homesick! I know...crazy!!!

Gracie wanted to do a day of the hotel kids camp and after going through each day's theme, she decided the Friday theme, "Making Leis and Learning Hula", was right up her alley...and, bonus! We would finally get a real lei!!!

Well, after being up with her for 2.5 hours with an earache Thursday night, I thought for sure she would not be up for the challenge (and, to tell the truth, I wasn't very excited about getting her all the way across the resort by 8 AM either!), but when the alarm sounded (the second time), my feet were on the floor (and actually moving!). She awoke with one gentle nudge (definitely not always the case) and insisted on at least trying it out...here we go! Loved, loved, loved the happy Buddha with all of the children!!!


We dropped her off with my cell number plastered to the side of her backpack and on every form I had to fill out in case she began feeling bad again, but no phone call ever came. She made Jack and I both leis with orchids that smell good enough to eat (pic to come tomorrow - everyone but me is sound asleep), learned to hula (hopefully, I'll post some video tomorrow, too) and made a journal to write her own memories in... AND she made some friends & ate chicken nuggets for lunch. She thought her day was awesome :) quite naturally!

Jack and I explored some new areas we hadn't visited yet and found this beautiful crowned crane...he put on quite a show for the camera! I'm hoping we still make it to a luau, and let me tell ya, those fire dancers will have to put on a heckuva show to beat this regal lad!









We also spotted a manta ray...I wish we would have been in the water!



Jack and I snorkeled for over three hours and then took a seat under some shady palms to people watch and catch up on a little more reading...no house to clean or animals to feed...it was wonderful! After we showered, we toured some of the resort shops and headed across to get our little one.


She was tired after having a full day, but we needed to get some Tylenol in case her earache came back tonight...after a short grocery run and a snack, we came back to the hotel, thinking surely it would be less than a half hour before she was out like a light. She spotted the open pool table and all of her tiredness vanished! How funny!!! Not a bad way to end the day though...














We'll see what tomorrow brings, but for now, the bed is calling my name! Night, all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis...Looks really pretty over there. Glad all of you are having a great time.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!