Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hallelujah!

These guys woke us up yesterday morning at 6 am...not so happy about that, but they were here to plaster our pool...this bright blue color doesn't look too appealing, but I had been warned to not be too alarmed... Then they spray these pebbles into it and it looks like this - you can see the very first of the water going in to the right...Mom wanted the orange fish - I think she named him and everything...the starfish in the distance...

and this little guy are what I wanted...we had a turtle and some big fish at our house on the bayou and I think it offers just a bit of whimsy to the pool -

anticipation...her Daddy told her the water had to be at the halfway mark on the tiles before she could swim...almost there, jellybean...
I didn't get a picture of the water at the halfway mark on the tile because....we were IN THE POOL! Hallelujah! We swam today and it was glorious on this hot and humid day -
Grace also had her riding lesson yesterday morning - Pal had an eye infection, but he and Grace did great together!

so hot!!!
airplane girl -
Pal's relieving himself, so Grace decided to practice her jump position while she waited - not a moment to be lost, ya know!?!
Learning to adjust her own stirrups from the saddle -
Playing "Red light, Green light" with the older students -

Smiles all around - she has so much fun...

This is Lauren's first horse, Sonny - he has a disease that doesn't allow him to sweat (can you imagine???in this heat???), so he does what he can to stay cool - he's quite the little show-off!
Another miraculous point from this weekend that you couldn't probably care less about (but I have to say anyway)is that after almost 2 years of living in our home, I finally got my husband to sit down with me and we went through his clothes and got rid of two bags of stuff! Can I get another "Hallelujah!"? We've also started putting the hardware on our cabinets...I know, I know...pretty productive weekend! Hope you had one, too!
Ice cold drinks, more rain showers and cool breezes to you all -
P.S. Today, Grace and I made sugar cookies and put a pink glaze and different sprinkles on each and then I made Jack and I snickerdoodles (with cinnamon and sugar on top)...it was the first time that I've made sugar cookies that weren't for PaPa. Golly Bob, that man loved sugar cookies and I loved making them for him. Miss you, PaPa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!