Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Weekend 2009

Look...I'm making a post without anyone having to ask me to! I'm even staying up late...I still need to get our Smokies/Surprise Birthday pics up from 2 weeks ago, but that won't happen tonight...until then...we took Gracie to her first football game last Friday night. Bay Area Christian was having their Homecoming and it was cold and we didn't have any other plans (this is very rare), so we decided some snuggling in the stands with some hot cocoa sounded just about as good a plan as any. I thought Grace would be mesmerized by the cheerleaders and band, but she was asking her Daddy all kinds of questions about the game, too! She really had a good time...never hurts to start out with a cupcake! Sugar for my sugar!

Our battlin' Broncos...
a glimpse of our mascot -

Blue "Yay!" Red and Yellow "Go home!" We left right after halftime because a certain little princess was getting the yawnies, but we were well ahead when we left, so hopefully we won...
she's very excited :)

Coach Pennye, our Athletic Director

serious stuff...
"shady" characters :)
Halloween Day, we delivered treats to Jacqueline, the daughter of one of Jack's good friends and both of Justin's girls...this is Grace and Jacqueline on the tramp - it was a beautiful day for a good jump!
Wishing all of the stock "Happy Halloween"
...then, playing in the flowers...
She was a mermaid and her dog, Oreo, was a sailor...so cute!


We stopped by Aunt Letha's and she's playing with Miss Britt here...Aunt Letha loaded her up with goodies and then we were off again...

we took her to Trunk and Treat at the League City Park...she was very tired by this point, but she had a good time and got some more goodies - always a plus...



It was a nice weekend, even though we spent all day Sunday cleaning out the garage (and only finished a third of it - bummer! - but Sunday was our 2 yr. anniversary of being in the house and it was another nice day to be outside, so we just made the most of it...) - I have a funeral in Orange this weekend, but hopefully, I'll get the Smokie pics up Thursday or early next week...
Hope all of you had a great Halloween, too! Hugs to all -
P.S. Can you believe it's gonna be Turkey Day in just a few weeks??? I'll have a house full with my Mom and Dad and my aunts, but I always enjoy cooking and it's always a fun, tradition-filled day...sure gonna miss PaPa...won't be the same without him telling me how I make the best Buttermilk Pie ever...and I better get some Christmas shopping done soon, too...does anyone else feel as behind as I do???

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the Christmas shopping! I am still not beleiving that Thanksgiving in just a couple of weeks. I say this every year. I always plan on having most of my shopping done early but never ends up happening. Oh well, nothing like pressure....That is how I roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so cute!
    I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : )
    If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
    I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!