Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Can you say GREEN?

Not much going on in these dreary days of winter (at least anything that doesn't involve lots of mud and horse poop), but I've mustered up some tidbits...

a) Gracie had her 100th day of school Wednesday and they had a big celebration in the gym this morning, I hear - they bounced balls 100 times, tried for 100 hula hoop twirls, etc. We also spent last weekend scavenging the house for 100 things...nuts, bolts, nickels, dog food, cat toys, and lip balm all made the baggie of goodies. :) This is her necklace of 100 fruit loops...

b) This is Grace in her sleeping bag that she received for Christmas from some of our friends...she's camping out in the kitchen while I make dinner...
c) Jack's friend, Dan, came over a couple of weekends ago to help Jack repair our front gate openers and he brought his daughter, Jacqueline, with him. She and Gracie played and played while the boys worked....on the computer, with the XBox 360, lite brite, barbies...you name it, they did it!


d) Jack is having his '69 Shelby Mustang GT 500 painted...this is in the painter's garage with just the base coat...he swears it's gonna be "turquiose" out in the sunshine...just looks neon green to me...
...and speaking of green...this weather is depressing - my entire yard and pasture is one variation or another of BROWN...I need some GREEN (maybe a slightly less neon shade than that of Jack's car...). I'm seriously thinking of pitching all my plants and going artificial - they don't turn brown! Yuck...
Even my cows think this is yuck...this was actually taken about a week ago and then we had some nice sunshine for a few days in a row and things were just about to dry up a bit and then...last night, the wind and rain were blinding...now, it looks just like this all over again...fun, fun, fun!

Stay warm...happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. SHE IS BACK... Oh how I have missed you.... So glad I am able to help you stay on task and not just totally forget about your blog.. :-) I am with you.. the car looks a little neon green.. about the color of my toes right now... needed a little brightness for this gloomy weather so got the toes painted neon green.... Have a GREAT weekend.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!