Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blowouts, Beaches and Birds

For a while now, I've been thinking of a new weekly feature to help me "keep on task" with this blog, as Becky so ever-lovingly reminds me about once a week. :) Gracie hasn't had a riding lesson since some time around Thanksgiving due to all of the rain and one minor attack of the sniffles (so no "Saddle-up Saturdays" in quite a while). I get so busy with my chores and laundry and the 732 other things that I have to do on any one given day, that this little blog baby of mine tends to get neglected. I just simply run out of time (and doing this does take lots of time). So, I've been batting around ideas...I thought about making weekly blogs about things I was grateful for and entitling them "God's Grace" or maybe sharing a funny story from the week (the Lord knows there are no shortages of these with we three stooges!) entitled "Funny Fridays"...Then, last Thursday, Jack and I awoke to NO MORE GAZEBO. The wind had blown so hard throughout the night, that it literally decapitated my poor little gazebo. That same day Mom and Daddy came in so that Daddy could help Jack complete the other side of the barn stalls and so Mom and I moved the furniture to the porch and Jack put the peaked portion of the gazebo in our garage by the time I took this picture, but I just want you to know that this makes me want to create a weekly feature entitled "Things that make me want to cuss". So there. A real blowout.

But, we put our best game face on and Mom and I took Gracie back to Rollover Pass - the girl loves being at the water. On the ferry ride...
Hello...anybody in there?

Wasting no time with adding to her collection...

She found a stick...which means you have to write your name in the sand, right?

Right.
Then, she's off again. With her stick.



It's quiet today. Nobody but us for miles.
It's so good to see the sun for a change.

Really good.


Sunday evening, right before the Saints won (way to geaux, Saints! Who dat!), hundreds of these birds flocked to our pasture.

I guess our swamp was calling their name.
Love is in the air...Valentine's Day is Sunday...hugs to you all from our hearts to yours.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, love you, no matter what you post on your blog... I know you will always come up with something.. and YES I was just about to see if you were still out there....

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!