Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Got My Wish

The rain held out! We went to Fudd's for burgers and milkshakes and then met Dan's family in the Target parking lot to watch fireworks...I won't bore you with my endless stream of fireworks shots, but Gracie and Jacqueline had a great time playing and that was really all that mattered...

They got a bird's eye view from Dan's SUV rooftop for the big show!
This is the first camera I've had where you can actually see the fireworks clearly...
It was a good finale, even though it didn't seem like it lasted as long as last year...maybe the fireworks guy is suffering from the poor economy, too?!
The girls -
Even though it took us quite a while to cut through the traffic and it was fairly late, Daddy obliged his girl with a few fireworks of his own - I was hot and tired - remember, they slept about three hours later than I did - so I went and took a shower...but when I came out....
Smoke bombs, sparklers, poppers...oh my!
she thought the blue smoke was pretty cool...
This was something they did before I came out - Gracie called them "snakes" - I'll leave my opinion of what they look like to myself! ;)
Looks like she had a good day - I think she also looks like my godmother's daughter here...
Let freedom ring... or was that my alarm? It's a new day - hope your celebration was fun, too! We had a couple of showers this morning, but overall the day is partly cloudy and VERY HOT! Stay cool, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!