Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Turning 40 & The Keys...

For Vegas, it was Crazy the kitty that wanted to join the ride...this time it was Oreo! Jack, Grace and I are headed to Key West for my 40th birthday...hopefully a nice transition into a new decade.
This could be you, Popi...
The trip from Miami to Key West is about 4 hrs because it's just a two-lane road...one in and one out...hate to get caught on this road in an evacuation! (*side note: saw a cute shirt today that said, "Evacuation Plan: 1. Grab beer. 2. Run like hell." Too cute!) This is the Seven Mile Bridge...the downhill slide to Key West.
There are little islands everywhere along the way...some just looking alone and solitary...
...some with a beach and visitors...
...and some that have a big pier with nothing else but someone that obviously wants to be alone and solitary!
A preview of the weather ahead...but it didn't last too long and today was really pretty! The water in the foreground was REALLY that ice blue color...AMAZING!
If those aforementioned islands were for sale, these would be the ones we could get! :) Really, these are mangrove trees ,which I had never heard of before, but are very cool...
After dinner last night, back at the hotel...
The largest plumeria tree I have ever seen...
At breakfast this morning...ha!
Yes, I do believe that is a topless mermaid hanging above the stage...makes you go "hmmm..."
After we shared one plate of eggs, bacon, pancakes, & banana bread, Jack decided we couldn't be in Key West one second longer without a piece of Key Lime Pie, so we had dessert...we're on vacation after all, right?! :) You notice, I couldn't wait until after I took a picture to have a bite :)
This picture only makes me go, "Why did you stick your barrette in the middle of your head???"
By the way, if you've never been here, chickens are everywhere!
Our entertainer for breakfast...live on a Monday morning...it's like one big party here all the time!
Although the name's a little quirky...still my kind of restaurant...ALL DESSERTS!
This will be a goal for tomorrow...
Cool...
Loved this Episcopal Church...so, so pretty!
We saw these trees for the first time when were in Virgin Gorda on our honeymoon...love, love, LOVE them!
You know the Caribbean dish called Ropa Vieja...this is what I would name this tree...you know, if I was in charge of naming trees. I have no idea if this is some type of mangrove or what, but very neat looking...
Yes, we lost our car...parking is so hard to find that we just walked everywhere...and then, naturally, forgot where we parked! I found our little rental car after I found the map in my purse...and I guess my little one thought we needed the whole ordeal captured on film...so we could laugh about it later...or then, in her case!
Found a neat sign on our way though...
It's almost 2:30 am here...too excited too sleep, but I guess I better at least try...especially since my two crewmates have been asleep for hours now! Goodnight...I'll try to post more tomorrow...oh, and before I forget, after we found the car, we grabbed lunch at 5 Brothers on Thomas St...best Cuban sandwich I've ever had...seriously! Mmm, mmm, good!

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful... Glad to see you are having a GREAT time.. Hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!