Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

What a week...

If I wasn't so dizzy from the congestion backed up in my ears or feel so totally awful, I'd think I was already dead! Whatever this "cold" is that we all have, it has hit us hard. Thankfully, Gracie is on the tail-end of it.

I finished up Gracie's class project for her school's annual auction fundraiser...a gift card bulletin board. I think it turned out really cute!



This week was a short week for her with only two days of classes, a field trip to the Children's Museum on Wednesday and home with sick Mommy for Thurs & Fri (in-service days for her teacher)...we've spent lots of time in our pj's!


Bandit is keeping us in good spirits with his HUGE personality!


Jack & I chaperoned her field trip...we didn't have the crud quite so bad then.


We only had twenty minutes each in five galleries...sounds like plenty of time, but when you have to wait your turn and listen to an introduction of each one, it just isn't. She seemed to still enjoy herself though...


Daddy helping her with the rope and pulley system...


Making animal tracks in the sand...


"surfing"



After a picnic lunch in Hermann Park, evcerybody headed home, but we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and take in a little of the zoo. This is the Red Panda...we saw two...don't know if they have more, but they are sooooo cute!


This looks like me in the morning! ;)


This orange monkey was so curious...he did everything Gracie did.


Gracie loves watching the meerkats!


The BIG white alligator...so glad the glass is REALLY THICK!!!


...and this little guy was totally cracking me up! I guess they are trying to wean him from his Mom, but he was soooo determined to get in there with her! Awwww....poor little guy!








The Daddy was performing all kinds of tricks for us!




No visit would be complete without seeing Jack's beloved watusi cattle...


The new African Forest section...








Gracie loved this chimp...they "conversed" for a good while, as if no glass at all were there.


This one looks like some actor that I can't remember the name of, but he really does look like a man to me!


The only view of the giraffes and rhinos we saw...they were still working on their new habitats.




a real stork....


The pretty flamingoes...


The sea lions "playing dead"


For Gracie's riding lesson, Mrs. Robin was working, so Miss Kacey helped out...






...and Gracie's school did post the chapel video where she sang with Skyler, so if you're interested, please leave a comment or email me and I will give you the website address, login and password.
Have a good week...hopefully, I will feel less like I've been thrown under a truck by the next post!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear ya all have the crud...Hope you are feeling much better.... Love the pics... thanks for sharing.... Send me the info on the video.. I would love to see it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is feeling a little neglected.. don't you think??? Miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know...just not much going on. The weather has finally been back to normal this week, but we haven't had riding lessons in a few weeks, no big events...just school and work. Sorry! :/ When something exciting happens, I'll be back at it again! Miss you, too...

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!