Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Seventy Schmevety...

...he gets around better than I do! All of that golf-playing keeps a man young! A few shots of Daddy throughout his 70 years of life...

Here I think he's with Aunt Ruthie...he's an itsy bitsy here! 1941 or 42??


Mom & Daddy's wedding... 1969


With me...maybe 1971 or 1972...my brother, Pat, is the age now that Daddy was then and I think they look sooo alike!


...and again...



Daddy & I with Aunt Mary (in back), Aunt Francie, and cousins Mary Ellen & Katie in 1974


Around 1980


1983??? Some big-to-do at DuPont...

At Mary Ellen's wedding, I think...with his Mom and all of his sisters...no idea who the guy on the right is, but it's funny that he thought he belonged in the picture :)
Chillaxing in our backyard pool with Pat & I... 1985 or so
On the summer vacation right after my senior senior year in high school... 1988

Watching Patrick's football game...1996???


Holding his grandbaby, Miss Gracie...2004



Christmas 2010


At Pat's of Henderson in Lake Charles, LA, celebrating his 70th birthday with all of us! Happy Birthday, Daddy!!!


Mom, Jack, Daddy, me, Gracie, Patrick & Lindsey


The more than two hours of traffic that we sat in on the way home was worth every minute...


I have no idea what kind of two car accident closes all lanes of a freeway, but after two hours of mostly a dead stand-still, we finally were able to get off and find another route...thank heavens...it turns out that my husband feels about Houston traffic the way that Daddy does. Impatient doesn't suffice, but it's the word I'll stick with :)
Thankfully, on the other side of the freeway now...

I just want to know where all of this beautiful weather of today was yesterday for Popi's special day and our travels...doesn't it always work like that???

Now that Popi is lucky #70, we better begin preparing for Gracie to turn Lucky #7 next month...and only one more week of school before Spring Break!!! Fun, fun all around!

2 comments:

  1. I knew you had all the old photos sis. BTW, the unidentified man in ME's wedding photo is uncle Richard. Hard to recognize cause he always had a big smile. Don't know why he was so sober for that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy - I do NOT have ALL the old photos! I looked high and low and these are the only ones I could find! You still have MOST of them! But, I'll take them any time you're ready! :) ... and one of us is surely losing our marbles... I just don't see that man as being Uncle Richard! Maybe one of your sisters can make the call! :) It was nice to see Uncle Tony over your shoulder though...I think he's with some of his sons and some of Aunt Irene's kids, too.

    Also, I exchanged your shirt with no problem yesterday. Still waiting on the Gracie mouse pad to arrive and I'll send everything your way then...<3 u!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!