Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Waitin' on a Woman...

Turn up the volume and enjoy the song...I know this is what you guys feel like...you've been waitin' on this woman to do some bloggin'! Jack and I went to Brad's concert last night, so this seemed appropriate...anyway, after Becky and Aunt Mary emailed/called to see if I was still kickin' or not, I thought I better at least make a short post - it feels so warm and fuzzy to be missed - thank you. Even though Bec was teasing me about it (because that's just what I need - another chore on the ever-growing list), I'm Grace's Room Mom, and with the start of the school year, things have been slightly hectic CRAZY! I'm sorry for the long hiatus, but we're all doing fine, even if sleep-deprived - OK, here we go....


These are pictures from three weeks ago - this is her first Show-n-Tell - she brought one of her stuffed ponies - she doesn't look proud or anything, huh? ;)!


One day before school - still lookin' happy...good news for Mom & Dad...

One of Jack's good friends since high school, Sergio, had a birthday party for his little girl, Mariana. She turned two. Here she's having a grand ol' time on a big blow-up water slide/pool...she's a super cutie patootie!
This Mommy forgot her daughter's bathing suit (please reference the "CRAZY" comment above), but miraculously, Sergio and LeAnne found a size 3 outfit that we squeezed Gracie into and it fit (kinda) like a bathing suit. They had a great time!
They drug the big, purple porcupine up and down the slide more times than I can count...
...and then - CAKE! If there were a Cake Monster instead of a Cookie Monster, it would look just like me :) YUM! LeAnne's Mom made this awesome little monkey cake for her - so precious.
That Sunday, Jack mowed the pasture - the entire pasture. It's a good thing, too - with the showers that we've been getting the past couple of days, it will start to grow fast again.
This is Gracie's riding lesson from a couple of weeks ago - we didn't have one this weekend because it has rained even more in Friendswood than here - and for this lesson, Friendswood had just received a shower the evening before and Pal decided to take a roll. Boy, did Gracie have fun trying to clean him up for a ride...can you say "stinky"?
Then can you say "pur-dee" (that's "pretty" for all you non-redneck folk)?
She's cleaning his belly, too...such a little hard worker we have -
Finally, the ride... try not to get dizzy...I don't think I was awake yet (major case of the wobbly camera), but Ms. Robin and Pal got a little workout, and Grace is learning more with every post-
I promise that I have more news...but this is a start...and you'll hear from me much sooner next time...have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. She is alive.... So glad to FINALLY get a post.. I finally feel complete and a little up to date.. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that Gracie is in school already! She is growing up so fast. So glad she love it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!