Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Babies, Babies Everywhere!

I know, I know! What a great picture to open up with, right? But, you guys always want the whole story, so here it is...in all its glory!

When I went to feed on 9/14, Greta was acting funny, standing by herself...she came to the feed trough, but wasn't there more than a couple of minutes and she started moving down the fence line, rubbing her heiney the whole way - she was in labor!

Everybody moved with her...for these guys to not want to eat - something's up! Look at little Delaney right there in the middle - even she knows something big is about to happen - after barely a week, she won't be the baby of the herd anymore...
When I left, Greta had chased everyone away and was in the very back of the pasture by herself...I've just got my camera zoomed in so you can see her hiding...
The next morning, I was introduced by the whole family to Fynley. Cloudy, to the right, has been the only other baby we've had that has been almost all red, so I was so excited when I saw her! Cloudy is more of an orangey red, whereas Fyn is more of an auburn color - you can see Delaney standing behind her...she's even more tiny than her! Fyn has the gumby legs like they all do when they are first born, but they will straighten with time...

Dallas was feeling a little outnumbered by all the women I think...he went and hid in the bushes...
Greta's giving Fyn a bath - looks like it feels good -
she's looking mighty sleepy...
yep...
We gave Greta 24 hours to see if she would let her nurse...and nope. The other two moms didn't take her either, which really surprised me...so, here we go again...we brought her home. Lexie loves her although we don't let them be together too often. Fyn's too fragile right now, but when she gets a little stronger, it looks like Lexie will finally have a friend of her own kind...
Got milk???
Mmm, mmm...deeeelicious!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up.. only you would put that first pic up.. :-) She is soooo cute!! Another calf to feed at home....

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is sooooo cute....I love the red color!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!