Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Two in Two

The hits just keep coming...we brought Sterling home on Mother's Day after she wouldn't come up to the feed trough with Stormy (even though Stormy was begging her with her moos and her grunts and her all-out-cow-mama-throw-a-fit hoo-raa). We went and bought milk replacer and began feeding her on the recommended schedule. Monday, Jack and Grace even went to Tractor Suppy in Alvin and bought vitamin supplements and a tube feeder to get her up and going a little faster...we made our most valiant effort to save her, but yesterday when I woke up and began feeding all of our menagerie, she was gone. Two animals in two days is a bit much for this ol' girl to handle.
Sterling at 1 week (4/27/2010)

Gracie playing vet the evening we brought her home
My poor girl...she just couldn't pull through.

We lost a calf this way four years ago, too....at just a few weeks of age, suddenly. Same thing. She stopped eating and just gave up. Jack has told me so many times over the years that this is nature's way of saying that there is something wrong...to not prolong the pain or suffering. Doesn't make it any easier though. Still hurts.
Jack digging hole #2, day #2
The two little mounds of dirt just didn't seem right...I fashioned flat gravesite markers out of old bricks and made straw crosses for Sterling and Luca.
My girl getting solace from her Daddy. She asked me yesterday if I had had a doctor's appt. lately. When I told her "December - around Christmas", she said, "Good, Mama, I don't want you to die, too." That girl - she can break my heart with just a look, but this? awww man...
My Easter lilies started blooming Sunday for Mother's Day and one bloom has opened each day since...maybe this means my babies have risen into Heaven...I sure hope they are at peace now.

I recorded this on the 5th, but it sure seemed appropriate to include here...my girl reciting Psalm 23.
Peace to us and peace to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOO sorry to hear about your losses.... Hang in there girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!