Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Aqua Fest

Even though it has been months since her preschool class gave up naps, she still struggles with it. I picked her up yesterday around 4 and by 6:30, she was out - no dinner, just a little magnet play with Mom and that was all she could take for the day. I tried waking her about an hour later so that she could eat and *eek* - was that ever a mistake. So, she woke up at 3:47 am ready for the new day...my schedule is also off from being sick, so I went to bed at 1:20 am. Those 2 hrs and 27 mins didn't do much for this old gal, let me tell ya. I dozed between her telling me she needed a new cartoon or that she was hungry or that she was thirsty or that she was giving me notice that she was getting out of bed to go potty...8 am came all too soon, but I had to get up as more insurance people were gonna be tromping through our home again assessing our Ike damages. I had to make beds, make breakfast and get it put away, etc. They were expected at 10 and Gracie had her swim lesson at 11, so I knew it was going to be a busy day - just not that I would be quite exhausted for it! Gracie was upset that her Daddy was home, but that he couldn't go to her swim lesson with us, so you'll see in the next few videos that she kept looking up to see if I was taping so that he could see her when we arrived back home. She's doing well - she was the first to finish all of her exercises and there are no more breaks. She used to be able to do an exercise, sit on the steps for a couple minutes and then do her next exercise...now, Ms. Tobey keeps them going continuously. The entire 30 minutes, she is swimming, so her endurance in the water is really building and being up for 7 hours before her class didn't seem to phase her - ahhhh, childhood.







This is MaKenzie, Grace, Lucas and Canton...


...and this is hour nap afterwards...ahhhh...childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!