Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Saddle-Up...It's gonna be a long ride!

OK - this is what I feel like this morning - a mean pit bull (with the biggest neck I've ever seen on a dog!) - I went to Best Buy last week and he was parked beside me. He was actually quite oblivious, although I suspect that might have changed had I tried to approach him...yikes!

This is more than a week of catching up...I'm sick again with a head cold or allergies - not sure which. I'm taking meds for both.

The Magna-Tiles are STILL a hit with our little one...she built a super-condo for her babies (which you can catch a peek of in the next pic) and wanted me to take her picture with it. Maybe she'll grow up to be a famous architect and I can sell this for a mint someday...

Last weekend, we headed to central Texas to pick up the merchandise for a bankruptcy auction Jack will be holding within the next several weeks through his auction company. The bluebonnets were already pretty in spots -

... the merchandise - not so much.
The shelves were packed with all of this stuff - and everything was covered with about an inch of dust! Oh, it was fun!


Believe it or not, we packed everything in boxes and were out of there by 5. We had a couple of helpers, but it was still hard work...makes me tired just looking at the pictures! :)

Wea lso went to the rodeo twice - this was our first visit. I didn't bring my camera the second time. It's too hard to keep up with it and a wild and crazy redhead!
This little girl was sitting in front of us and she was such a cutie...despite these cheesy fingers...

...she still wanted Gracie's ice cream!
And, despite the ice cream...my two still wanted cotton candy - I had nothing to do with it - nothing - nope - can't make me say I did!
This is Jack's post-parking lot face - now that they've closed most of the satellite lots (at least the ones by us!), we drive in and the traffic is murder...
As always, I want you to feel like you were there with me...here's the tie-down roping - it's the only one I didn't catch video of - we were a little late getting to our seats.
bareback riding -


team roping -


saddle bronc riding-


steer wrestling - probably one of my favorites because I have had encounters with our own cattle that make me a steer wrestler in my own right!

barrel racing - Gracie's favorite - especailly when she realized that girls were at the helm this time!

Leon Coffee - our favorite famous clown!
bull riding -


the calf scramble -

mutton bustin' with the little ones - this is so much fun!

The star of tonight's show - Clay Walker - I've never missed him at the rodeo - I've seen him probably twelve times by now and I never tire of his performance. I used to go see him at The Neon Armadillo in Beaumont when I was in college and that's where he was discovered. Good times...I also worked at the National MS Society when he was diagnosed with MS and I know his doctor well.

This is Gracie's lesson this past Saturday...she actually fell off Pal, so not many pictures were taken. She hopped right back on - Mom, on the other hand, was busy having a nervous breakdown!

Now that it has taken me half a day to post this, I'm going to lay down. Hopefully, I'll get back to this sooner next time, but if not, I hope you'll understand -

1 comment:

  1. YEA she is back.... I have missed you!!!! Thanks for the rodeo pics.. we sure do miss the rodeo, we too went many times every year...

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!