Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Luck o' the Irish!

I had this post all planned for yesterday since, after all, just like I told a friend a few days ago - we Keegans bleed green! But, as is not uncommon for me these days, life got in the way and I didn't have time. I got up before 8 and went on "poop patrol" - since we don't have a fence separating our yard from our pasture yet, Lexi and Lady come up even on our porches and have "accidents". With the addition of all of the rain we had all weekend, guess where they spent most of their time? Under our covered back porch. So, that was the first two hours of my day. Then, Gracie was up. I fed her breakfast and we we stopped at Target for a few things and then it was off to feed horses and go to her swim lesson. After her swim lesson, she was hungry again, so I made her lunch. Then, she wanted to make bead necklaces and practice her letters and read books, and, and, and...At about 4, she gave me a breather, so I logged on to balance my checkbook and...that's when I realized I didn't have my checkbook...or my entire wallet. This is the SECOND time I have done this in about three months (the first time, I realized it pretty quick, called and someone had turned it in). My wallet is just like this, so it's big. You wouldn't think I could miss it, but my Mom is always telling me "we're living too fast" and I guess this is one circumstance that proves her point. So, I called Target and, of course, nobody had turned it in. I went about the business of cancelling credit cards, trying to figure out my last checks that I had written, etc. It gave me an instant headache. But, alas, I had to bring Jack to pick up one his cars at the paint shop. Grace and I came straight home, but he was going to feed and then coming home. He came home with my wallet in hand. The crazy person on the phone had no idea what she was talking about, I guess. So, today, I have been un-cancelling all of my credit cards and making sure that nothing was missing. Nothing was...the luck o' the Irish!!!

You're just gonna have to imagine Gracie in her kelly green shirt that says, "Everyone loves an Irish girl" with her shamrock vest that Mom's friend, Ms. Phyllis, made her over it. All of our indoor puppies had black bandanas with green shamrocks and horseshoes on them. It would have been so precious!

I guess by now that you have figured out that our Saddle Up Saturday this past weekend was rained out - hopefully, we won't be disappointed this Saturday. Then, Sunday is the last day of the rodeo and it's Extreme Bulls night - we've been to this at least the past four years and we always love it.

It was beautiful today and although I worked from home, I enjoyed the day from our library window. This was the first day that I didn't cough continuously - the crud I have just doesn't want to go away, but it feels like it's finally on its way out - things are looking up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!