Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Monday, March 30, 2009

"Busier than a cat coverin' poop"

This is what Cheryl always says and I always laugh, so I thought maybe you would, too. "Saddle-Up Saturday" was cancelled this past Saturday due to all of the darn rain we've had lately. We needed it, don't get me wrong and it sure made our pastures green up nicely, but we don't like missing our lessons :( ...

Instead, though, we left Dad at the house to work and we headed for the bluebonnets in Brenham. I've taken her every other year...when she was almost one...

when she was almost three...

and now, when she's almost five... she was much less cooperative this year - I don't know if she just wasn't in the mood for pictures or if she's just getting older and more contrary, but all of her smiles looked forces and quirky...


...until this ONE (and I mean one), but this made it worth it...I love this shot.
Along the way, we also saw some miniature horses and their babies...awww...so sweet! and SO tiny...
This paint mini looks just like it's Mom!
a BIG Brahman bull...wow!
We stopped in Old Brenham for - what else? - some Blue Bell! This was outside a cute little store and Grace loved it!
Grace and her cotton candy ice cream (just cuz it was pink and green!) -

We had some tile workers here yesterday to make some repairs, so we stuck around and did yard work...it was another beautiful day, so it wasn't so bad.

Gracie's preschool just called and said that she threw up all over herself at lunch...awww man...I hope this isn't the begining of some other illness...we are all just beginning to feel better - I'm sure I'll have an update later - wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pics.... Dallas sure does not have the bluebonnets.. like Brenham.. I sure do miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! Hope y'all don't have the mean ole tummy bug that lived at our home all winter! The pictures are beautiful. Golly , FIVE? What are you doing about school next year? SFISD?

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!