Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

Thanks, Court, for showing me how to change the date...much better this way...

Two minutes after you opened your eyes on the day you turn five...MaKenzie from your swim class gave you a present yesterday. Although it has almost killed you (and me), you were so happy and filled with real anticipation to open it this morning - they couldn't have done better - you love your new pony doll (so fitting since we're having a petting zoo and pony ride party at the house this Saturday)!


This afternoon after you returned from preschool - you have new Magnatiles...a set of see-through ones and the set of vehicles. You're in true Magna-Tile Heaven now!
After dinner at home, we headed for Chiles because you love their Molten Lava cake.
After Chiles, you got your "Grand Finale" present...your first bike. After realizing you have to put some effort into pushing the pedals, you were off like a champ...

You finally stopped long enough for us to put on your helmet - here, you're really boogeying now!
I had a book made for you - "The Wonder Years...Birth to Five" - the back cover
the front cover
inside front page
a few sample pages...




Gracie, you constantly crack your mama up - sometimes to pieces. As I write this, I can't believe we're embarking on a new year. Our baby girl is 5! You have come through many stages...

One - Learner - everything is new and I want to soak every speck of it up

Two - Warrior - everything is mine, and more importantly, you must ask very nicely if you want me to share

Three - Jabberwocky - I want to know everything and I want to share it with you

Four - Protector - "The world is my oyster"...let me explore, empathize with and nurture whatever or whomever comes my way

...and it's my personal opinion that this one is next...

Five - Negotiator - "Mommy, if I clean my room real good, can I go live with Hannah Montana?"

You continue to surprise and amaze us every day. You fill our days with hugs and laughter - even in the most recent days, when things haven't been so easy. Thank you. We love you!
You guys, please pray for no more rain - you can see the water standing...(yes, our pool has been reformed and now has gunite, so we shouldn't have any more problems, but we need the rain to stop so that the contractors can finish -)



the pony may need floaties to give the children their rides if things don't improve by Saturday -

Like I always say, "it's always an adventure" here at the Tarpleys!

Last but not least, thanks for all the well wishes, prayers and sympathy. Your thoughts are appreciated during this tough time of transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!