Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Matches

*warning: this might be the cutest, cow poop-filled post ever!*

When I was a little girl, PaPa had a hunting dog named Patches - she was some kind of spaniel, white with lots of liver-colored spots. I used to love walking back to her pen to help him feed her and I loved calling her name...it just had a certain ring to it. Well, now, I have Matches. He looks just like a match stick - his grayish white little body with a red head. This is the smallest bull calf we've ever had. He is such a cutie patootie!

You can tell he's ours cuz he sticks his tongue out just like Gracie when he's concentratin'...

Then again, maybe he just gets it from his mama.

Is he not just the dag-blasted cutest thing you've ever seen? Look at that little hump?

The markings on his ears make him look like he already has horns! awwwww

...and then to top it all off, he has this little handlebar mustache thing going. I guess he thinks it makes him look older and more studly...

...although I don't have a clue why he's worried about that because it looks like his protectors (l to r: Daddy, Dallas; sister, Cloudy; Matches; Mama, Stormy; and Aunt, Zsa Zsa) have him circled.

Now, for another perfect match for our family...hark, is that a hole I see in our backyard? Yesiree, Bob. You thought I was fibbin' all this time that we were gonna get a pool, huh? Well, there she be - just as purty as any hole in the ground I've ever seen.

That little redhead of ours squeals every time she walks through the back door and catches a glimpse of it - this morning before we left for school, she told me she was gonna have to go tell her pool "bye" before we left. Oh, mercy me!



Yesterday, they were trowling cement onto the dirt _ I guess to stabilize it before the rains come today and tomorrow??? I have no idea, but that sounds good anyway - it looks like the guy up top got the better end of the deal! :)


Then, I guess his friend got grouchy, so he decided to help - it still took them all day.

As far as tomorrow goes, the Saddle-Up post is iffy at best with all of the rain we're expecting. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. A pool!?! FABULOUS! Oh, I bet that girl is excited. You are right, Matches is pretty darn cute.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!