Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Monday, April 13, 2009

My get up and go and has done got up and went -

It is always busy - you'd think I'd get used to it - that we all would - but when tired sneaks up on ya, there's just no gettin' around it!

Last Thursday, after Grace's swimming lesson, I came home and ventured into the kitchen to make my very first layer cake. By the time all was said and done, three hours had passed, lots of egg whites had been folded this way and thata way, one layer met file 13, and my dreamy meringuey frosting looked more like dog snot than anything else...oh, and I had about two dishwasher loads of dishes and pans to deal with - no wonder I've never tried that before! Goodness me, when everything shakes out - just give me a warm chop chip-pecan cookie and a glass of milk and I'm good - that lesson taught me to appreciate the simple things in life and not try meringue on a hot and humid day. It was a hard-won lesson. The cake was actually not bad - it just wasn't so pretty, but I don't think I'll be doing the Aunt Lottie Lane cake again any time soon - whew wee, Mr. McGee! No siree!

On Friday, I also made a Lemon Meringue pie and deviled eggs to bring to Moms on Saturday. Same thing happened with that meringue - oh dear. We took Grace to a riding lesson that evening since we would be out of town the next day. Ms. Robin, Kacey's Mom, was her instructor this time - she had a good time. It was the perfect night - cool, but not as windy as it has been.

Robin trying to coax Pal into a trot - he's getting old and cranky like me, I guess.



I can't belive Easter is over - tomorrow after swim, I'll spend the day putting up the Easter decor - Gracie will be so sad to see her personal things get put up. She received an early Easter package from Aunt Francie and has loved having her own space decorated, too.

This little craft project (a wooden flower on a stand), she colored all by herself - I wrote "Growing with Gracie's love", but she did the rest - pretty good, I'd say.

She had a really good time in Orange on Saturday. Popi gave her a pair of golf clubs -

she has one club in each hand "practicing her swing" - I think we need lessons.

After our dinner settled, it was time for some egg huntin'...looking, looking...

found one!
she's counting her loot - by the looks of things, her teeth are gonna fall out at any given moment!

The happy, tired family...

We also got to see some of the inhabitants of the birdhouse we gave PaPa two Christmases ago - his was toppled by Hurricane Rita and this one didn't give to Ike.

Finally, today is the 7th anniversary of Jack proposing to me on East Beach in Galveston. Last week, we visited, but it was so chilly, we didn't stay long, but this is it - where it all began.
Have a wonderful day - it's beautiful here - and PaPa received good news at the doctor's office this morning. He does have some blockage in some arteries around his heart, but he won't have to undergo surgery in Houston. They plan on putting in stints this Thursday or Friday, so please keep him in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!