Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Calling all Mamas...

Grace's 5th birthday is April 29. I don't know why I'm thinking of this today, but since all of the previous ones have been family-oriented and she has been talking about all of the kids at school coming to her birthday party since like the 2nd day she enrolled at her preschool, I think I might get a jump on things. It seems as though every invitation we have received is for a party at "Jump N Jungle" (or places similar to it)- this is awesome and a great idea, but not when every other child has already done it. I have a couple of ideas, but want to hear what you have to say first. I know you girls have some great ideas...bring them on!

3 comments:

  1. I think at that age my daughter liked Chuck E Cheese, don't know if they have one close to you but they make it pretty easy since they do most of it and provide the games to play. Just need more parental supervision there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of the party invites that go home with my 4/5 year old class. The Jump places are always going out. Hmmm let's see. There was a princess teaparty, where the girls dressed in there princess clothes and the boys dressed nicely too. The red carpet was rolled out and everything! Way cute.
    We had a Cowboy and Cowgirl party. There is a local place that has a barn and the kids go on pony rides! This was a huge hit with my class.
    A painting party, bowling ( kids love this too), and Gatti Town.
    Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! I know pizza is always a hit, but since we're kinda living the "Home on the Range", I think she would really like something similar to what you said, Dana...like a little Dude Ranch theme. I know there's a place in Dickinson (just 10 minutes away and the town that Grace's preschool is in) that you can rent for parties that have ponies and other animals to pet. It would be something totally different and while we raise lots of animals, they aren't necessarily bombproof. Grace is used to this - it might freak the others out though! :) I'm gonna check into it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!