Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Friday, January 23, 2009

She Works Hard...

My little screamin' Otter! She's doing well in her new level. The first video is Tobey helping her with "Chicken, Airplane, Soldier". She has a green band wrapped around her knees that helps her with the proper form. The second video is her backstroke. Before, she was just kicking her feet - on Tuesday or maybe last Thursday, Tobey added her arms and she's already doing that by herself. Very cool -

The second part of what relates to the title of this post is that I'm going to begin working part- time. I've blogged about our second family, the Simpsons, before (a lot actually - most was lost when I lost my old blog). But, still, most of you know that Bruce and Cheryl are like second parents to Jack and I and Gracie loves having another set of grandparents! In the last couple of years, their son Tracey has become like a brother to Jack. They get along super well and that's probably because they are so much alike! Well, Tracey runs his own business and while Cheryl has helped him off and on for years, his business is growing and he is in need of more help. Enter... me. This is the first time in four and a half years that I will have a job that doesn't entail wiping a nose or heiney, mucking a stall, cleaning a bathroom, or cooking something. I'm really very excited! Yesterday, I completed the first spreadsheet that I've done in over five years and it was just like riding a bike! (but I was still secretly proud of myself!) This is really perfect timing since Grace will begin Kindergarten in the Fall and what could be better? I'll be working with Cheryl, getting to know Tracey better, and hopefully doing a bang-up job while getting paid for it *squeal*!

Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

Show some love!