Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I couldn't wish you a Happy New Year's Eve because I was in bed by 9 pm! Jack and Grace were in bed by about 11 he said, so they didn't make it to midnight either! Oh well...Happy 2009 anyway! Yesterday, Jack and I worked our heinies off unloading fallen metal from the property where some our horses are and other misc. chores that needed to be done. His back is still out so we pushed the limits for sure -


This is Gracie's Happy 2009 cookie - she is very proud of it as you can tell! There's also a bite missing from the side closest to her - shhh! Don't tell.



Today, after we did a few things around the house, we headed in to Houston. I have been craving Houston's Tortilla soup and haven't had it in over a year. What a treasure - I savored every bite. They only have it on Thursdays now, so it'll probably be another year before I have it again!

Not far is the bank that the National MS Society used to be in - I used to work there! My window was three floors from the top, two windows from the right. I did lots of traffic watching and daydreaming from that window!

Then, down the road to Anteks, a neat furniture store where we had hoped to look for Jack a desk, but they weren't open. He did like these chairs in the window though...


Then, we visited my Mom and Dad's first home. It was in West U and used to be a pale yellow, but the owners that have followed them have kept it up well I think. There used to be a much smaller house to the right, but they have since built a big brick two-story (like in much of West U) and kinda dwarfed our little first house out!


This is where I attended Kindergarten and although I didn't like my teacher much, I do have fond memories of a field trip to the fire station just down the block. It's funny the things that stick!

Mom would probably remember - I never do - my room was either just to the right or just to the left of the front door.


We drove around looking at Christmas decorations and we liked this home, but wow! The $ they must have spent just on red and gold balls had to be in the hundreds!


For those of you wondering about Santa since Christmas - well, we think we found him! Look in these poor people's chimney! Luckily, it hasn't been cold enough for a fire since then!


Then a visit to my Aunt Mary & Aunt Kathleen's. We just don't get to Houston that often, so we have to do everything at once while we're there. It was a very busy day! Gracie got to pick up a present that Aunt Kathleen had forgotten at Christmas and Jack was able to look at her TV that she was having difficulty with - all fixed now. Yay Jack!


On the way to Best Buy to get the cable that she needed, we saw this policeman on this solid black draft horse. So pretty!


We came back to Grace playing Aunt Mary's harp! Aunt Mary says she has a nice touch...this thrilled her to pieces!




Jack loves Amy's ice cream, so we stopped and all got our shot of Mexican Vanilla before we left town- sure was good, too!


Grace wanted to take a picture of hers - she had to have chocolate pieces AND chocolate sprinkles in hers - a girl after my heart, I'll tell ya! She told me she was going to marry me while we were there - I think that's because I let her have the double wammy of chocolate!


After her tummy was full...zzzzzzzzzz....Jack says I have to put her to bed tonight since she'll be up until midnight!


And, don't worry - I made Jack stop at Kelley's so I could get some black eyed peas and cabbage for us. We both held up tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!