Believe in the sun, even when it's not shining

In love, even when you're alone

In God, even when He is silent.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Nothin' like it!

OK, so I really wanted to do this Friday night, but Jack was too tired from work. In hindsight, I'm glad that we did it on Saturday because the cold front had pushed through and anything is more fun when you get to get all bundled up and snuggle with your family! It was the National Professional Bull Riders, baby! They came right here...to little Santa Fe, Texas!

She is so excited she can't stand it! "Cowboys, mama...we're gonna go see cowboys!" This is all I heard once we told her Saturday afternoon.

Both of the flag gals are riding Paint horses...they have good taste, too!

They lit a number 8 in the arena...

...for the lead riders to stand around as they announced them...8 for 8 seconds that you have to stay on the bull...for all you non-bullriding folks out there...

We were close and snuggly - it was cuh-cuh-cuh-COLD, ya'll!

anticipation...(can you hear Carly Simon singing?)

Every picture I tried to get of the bullriding came out blurry - they're just movin' too fast for my lil camera!!!
Gettin' ready...better him than me!
This rodeo clown was a hoot -

You see the cap on the guy walking...what's up with the little yellow horns? Hmmm...
"Daddy is soooo funny!"

Ya'll, this bull just didn't want to go back in...it took like 5 minutes for them to finally convince him this was a good thing.

Don't even ask...

"look what's comin', mama!"

mutton bustin'...wonder if Gracie will ever be brave enough for this...rather, I wonder if Mom will ever be brave enough for this!!!

Gracie took this while I was tryin' to warm up with some red beans and rice...you'll notice in the background, by this tim, the bleachers had all but cleared out. I'm tellin' ya, it was COLD!

The goofy clown when and put on a gorilla suit! That's one way to keep warm!

This bull told him just what he thought of that suit, too! You'll enjoy my commentary on this one ("ow...owww...OWWW!")
Gracie found a good way, too - crawl in Daddy's jacket with him!

Have I said it was cold? We didn't stay till the end - everything on all 3 of us was just numb - but we did stay for two hours - longer than most- and we had a diggety good time, too!

This is why I didn't post my pictures yesterday of the bullriding...with my fancy new computer came all these games...some of them are just right for my little peanut...there's Dora the Explorer Memory and Map and ya'll can ask jack if you don't believe me...she spent like 3 solid hours playing yesterday! It's educational and she's learning to use the computer, so we didn't fuss too much, but my heavens...it was a fight to get her to come to dinner!

This morning, the cold continues...and, yes, I love it! But, still...this is rare...ice on my boots when I went to feed! Wow!

Even the shamrocks are freezing!

Oh, and if ya'll get tired of my blog - go find some new reads on my new Blog List on the sidebar-have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Get tired of your blog NEVER!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Luv u 2...although I haven't heard what's going on with you lately...write soon!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!